Namaste and a warm welcome to all.
As you can see my blog is about food and recipes. I love eating and trying out new recipes all the time.
Very often we mum's think of healthy and interesting food options that we can make for our kids especially when they are back from school knowing that their lunch boxes never come back home empty. Hence I always feel its important to give them a healthy and wholesome snack once they are home. When my kid comes home from school I always try and give him some source of carbohydrate combined with proteins along with this, a fruit and milk, or puddings made from milk. Kids normally can't eat too much at one time, so the portions can be small but giving them a little from each of these food group ensures a balanced meal.
I have some interesting ideas that I'd like to share with you all. You might find some of my recipes very basic but I am hoping that my blog is helpful not only for Indians but for people all around the world! Indian food is quite popular and enjoyed by most, so hopefully you can attempt recipes from here and make it yourself now, in your kitchen. Please do go through my recipes and give it a shot at trying them. Let me know how things turned out and if you enjoyed your experience of cooking.... Feel free to get in touch, share your experience, leave a comment or ask any questions you may have. Thank you for stopping by and taking a look! I do hope its helpful.
Monday, 7 November 2011
Tiffin ideas for kids.
1) Potato + paneer tikki
2) Potato + tofu tikki
3) Potato + Canned tuna tikki (see recipe)
4) Potato + minced chicken tikki (recipe same as tuna tikki)
5) Potato Salad
6) Butter garlic stir fried broccoli (with salt and pepper)
7) Butter garlic stir fried french beans (with salt and pepper)
8) Butter garlic stir fried asparagus (with salt and pepper)
9) Baby carrots with a dip
10) Cherry tomatoes with mozzarella cheese
11) Granola Bars
12) Oat and raisin cookies
13) Cheese sticks
15) Fruit Yoghurt
16) Corn chaat
17) Mini idlis
18) Lentil bhajiya
20) Upma/rawa idlis
21) Sprouts (Sprouted salad)
1) Paneer mutter roti roll
2) Deep fried Arbi-(see recipe) in roti roll
3) Aloo roti roll
4) Aloo poori roll
5) Stir fried Mushroom and cheese roti roll.
6) Stuffed paratha roll (you can grate different veggies into the dough when you knead it)
7) Bhindi roti roll
8) Chillas (made with grated veggies)
9) Lemon Rice
10) Spinach and carrot rice (see recipe)
11) Veg Pulao
12) Chicken Pulao
13) Mexican Rice
14) Hummus (see recipe) and Pita bread (with falafel or salad stuffing)
15) Spinach Pita Pockets (see recipe)
16) Guacamole and Pita bread (with salad and cheese stuffing)
17) Home made Burgers
18) Pasta with veggies and/or diced chicken
19) Fried Rice (with veggies/chicken/any meat)
20) Sandwiches (veg/non veg)
21) Stir fried noodles (with veggies/meat)