Namaste and a warm welcome to all.
As you can see my blog is about food and recipes. I love eating and trying out new recipes all the time.
Very often we mum's think of healthy and interesting food options that we can make for our kids especially when they are back from school knowing that their lunch boxes never come back home empty. Hence I always feel its important to give them a healthy and wholesome snack once they are home. When my kid comes home from school I always try and give him some source of carbohydrate combined with proteins along with this, a fruit and milk, or puddings made from milk. Kids normally can't eat too much at one time, so the portions can be small but giving them a little from each of these food group ensures a balanced meal.
I have some interesting ideas that I'd like to share with you all. You might find some of my recipes very basic but I am hoping that my blog is helpful not only for Indians but for people all around the world! Indian food is quite popular and enjoyed by most, so hopefully you can attempt recipes from here and make it yourself now, in your kitchen. Please do go through my recipes and give it a shot at trying them. Let me know how things turned out and if you enjoyed your experience of cooking.... Feel free to get in touch, share your experience, leave a comment or ask any questions you may have. Thank you for stopping by and taking a look! I do hope its helpful.
I never thought this hobby of mine would turn into a profession....Its only because of my near and dear friends who encouraged me and pushed me to do the cakes on their special occasions, which I would have never even attempted to do otherwise. Hence this page is for thanking all my dear friends and well wishers for whom I've attempted all these cakes and cup cakes, because of whom I have all the confidence today in trying out new techniques and different concepts in baking & decorating. Also a very big thank you to special friends who have always shared their information and knowledge of baking with me to bring me where I am now.....This is only the beginning of my journey into baking...
1) I baked my own wedding anniversary cake :)
2) Fruit cake for a dear friend.
3) Attempted a purse cake for a sweet 9 year old.
4) Gift box
5) Mango cake. This was really rich. I used 6 mangoes which went into a 1 kg cake and it tasted divine....In the batter, sandwiched between 2 layers of the cake and on top....
6) Dark chocolate mud cake.
7) For a sweet 4 year old boy...
8) For my physiotherapist...
9) Physio again....
10) Baked for hubby on his 40th birthday....eggless black forest cake.
11) Happy 12th Birthday Eshita.
Accessories made for this cake:
12) For my darling nephew, Viraat's 1st birthday: I made the mickey on the paper as well...
13) Congratulations Shweta and Porus.
14) Happy Birthday darling Thea. This cake is so chocolaty with all the kit kat, M&ms and dark chocolate ganache.
15) Dark chocolate and orange marble cake.
16) Dark chocolate fudge cake with walnuts:
17) Tiramisu, my favorite:
18) Pineapple upside down cake with walnuts.
19) Many happy returns of the day Shiv.
20) For my boy on his 10th birthday, who reads everything about insects....my aspiring entomologist: Worms and insects in the black forest (cake).
21) For Christmas 2014
23) Marble cake with hazel nuts, pecans and figs.
24) Dark chocolate cake with mixed berry compote.
ADULT CAKES: These loving wives ordered the cakes below for their hubbies on their 40th birthdays.
1) Happy 40th Birthday darling Jamu.
2) For our dear dear Sassi Kumar....on his 40th.
3) For our dearest Boblal...A Beach theme cake.
4)Happy Birthday Sapan.
1) The first cupcakes I did for my dear "Kitchen Friend".
2) For the sweetest neighbor anyone can have....
18) Dark chocolate pudding.
19) Raspberry swirl muffins.
20) Walnut, fig and caramel muffins.
33) For a sweet 7 year old: Farm animals visiting the doctor.
35) Cupcakes for Raksha Bhandan (Rakhi), from a loving sister to her dearest brother....
36) Red velvet cup cakes.
37) Mini Cupcakes for teachers day.
38) Moist and gooey mud pie made with dark chocolate.
42) One of my favorite, eggless whole wheat carrot and walnut cup cakes..
43) Cup cakes for Diwali.
44) Cup cakes for a 1 year old baby girl...
45) For Christmas 2014.
Bread making can be fun and interesting....I've always wanted to bake my own bread. I enjoy doing variations using many flours and calzones with different stuffings and observing the results each one gives. Here are the pictures of some breads that I have baked:
Masala Bread (with ginger, garlic and lots of finely chopped coriander)
Spanakopita (Greek bread stuffed with spinach and olives).
Calzones stuffed with spinach, mushrooms and cheddar cheese.
Calzones stuffed with chicken.
Swedish Tea Ring
Whole wheat bread stuffed with capsicum, onions and cheese.
AND SOME COOKIES:
1) Cinnamon and oat cookies:
2) Dark chocolate with oats and whole wheat flour cookies:
3) Healthy cookies: Made with oats, wheat flour, almond flour, flax and dates.
To place your orders call +919820833145 (Mumbai).