Namaste and a warm welcome to all.
As you can see my blog is about food and recipes. I love eating and trying out new recipes all the time.
Very often we mum's think of healthy and interesting food options that we can make for our kids especially when they are back from school knowing that their lunch boxes never come back home empty. Hence I always feel its important to give them a healthy and wholesome snack once they are home. When my kid comes home from school I always try and give him some source of carbohydrate combined with proteins along with this, a fruit and milk, or puddings made from milk. Kids normally can't eat too much at one time, so the portions can be small but giving them a little from each of these food group ensures a balanced meal.
I have some interesting ideas that I'd like to share with you all. You might find some of my recipes very basic but I am hoping that my blog is helpful not only for Indians but for people all around the world! Indian food is quite popular and enjoyed by most, so hopefully you can attempt recipes from here and make it yourself now, in your kitchen. Please do go through my recipes and give it a shot at trying them. Let me know how things turned out and if you enjoyed your experience of cooking.... Feel free to get in touch, share your experience, leave a comment or ask any questions you may have. Thank you for stopping by and taking a look! I do hope its helpful.
Thursday, 6 October 2011
1) Chana Masala (see recipe) + Puri(see recipe)/Roti + Carrot Raita/Spinach Raita + Onion Kamchumbar (to go with the chole)
2) Rajma (see recipe) + Rice/Roti + Lauki and Carrot Raita.
3) Black eyed beans + Rice/Roti + Cucumber Carrot Raita/Salad.
4) Green Moong + Rice/Roti + Zucchini Raita/Salad/ Vegetable Soup.
5) Palak Paneer (see recipe) + Roti + Small black chana salad.
6) Paneer Burji made with capsicum (see recipe) + Roti + Spinach Raita.
7) Spinach Lentil (see recipe) + Rice/Roti + Raita/ Salad/ Vegetable Soup.
8) Toori Channe ki daal + Roti + Raita.
9) Lauki Channe ki daal + Roti + Raita/Salad.
10) Mutter Paneer (see recipe)/Malai Mutter Paneer (see recipe) + Roti + Raita.
11) Aloo Gobi(see recipe) + Roti + daal soup or dry daal salad eg: green moong salad.
12) Cabbage capsicum carrot sabji + Roti + Small black chana salad.
13) Daal Makhani (whole black urad daal mixed with little Rajma - kidney beans) + Roti + Raita.
14) Masoor daal (full or split) + Rice + Raita/Salad.
15) Veg. Pulao + yellow moong daal/any lentil or Rasam or Marwari yellow curry + Raita.
16) Masala Bhindi (see recipe) /Aaloo Bhindi + Roti + Small black chana salad/ Moong salad/ Paneer Tikka + Raita.
17) Aaloo Methi sabji + Roti + Dahiwada/ Green moong salad.
18) Tindli Sabji + Roti + Tandoori fried Tofu/Paneer Tikkas/ Lentil Soup.
19) Thepla or stuffed parathas + Capsicum or mirchi ki sabji + Dahiwada/ Moong bhajiyas/Raita.
Stuffed Parathas would include Aaloo paratha, Cauliflower Paratha and would go well with
curd and pickle.
20) Bhaigan Bharta (see recipe) + Roti + Lentil (daal) soup/ Moong salad.
21) Bhaingan coconut curry (see recipe) + Roti + Lentil (daal)soup/ Small chana salad.
22) Sindhi Curry (see recipe) + Rice + Curd.
23) Soya beans sabji + Roti + Spinach Raita.
24) Mutter mushroom + Roti + Raita/Salad.
25) Masala Mushroom curry + Rice + Salad.
26) Gawari Sabji + Roti + Lentil (daal) Soup.
27) Masala french beans with/without Aloo + Roti + Pan Fried Tofu(see recipe)/Paneer Tikka.
28) Kichri + Curry + Curd (One day keep it simple).
29) Daal Dhokli + Raita/Salad.
30) Nutrela chunks/granule sabji + Roti + Raita.
31) Koftas Curry: Malai, Gawari Koftas, Lauki Koftas + Roti + Lentil Soup
32) Pav Bhaji (see recipe)+ Bread + Lentil Soup / Paneer Tikka.
33) Baked Beans + Bread + Salad.
34) Idli/Dosa + Sambar/Rasam + Coconut Chutney.
35) Whole Wheat Home Made Pizza (see recipe).
36) Toasties (Bell pepper toasties -see recipe) + Dahiwada.
37) Humus (see recipe) and falafel + Pita Bread + Salad.
38) Chinese Tofu and vegetable curry (Similar to Ma-po Tofu) + Rice + Pok Choy.
39) Egg Scramble(see recipe): made with/without Capsicum like paneer burji + Roti + Raita/Salad.
40) Egg Curry + Roti/Rice + Raita.
41) Tinda sabji + Roti + Lentil soup.
42) Split Mung Daal (see recipe) + Rice/Roti + Spinach Raita.
43) Chauli (long string beans) + Rice/Roti + Paneer tikka.
44) Sauteed Spinach (see recipe) + Roti/Paratha + Lentil Soup.
45) Sauteed Cauliflower (see recipe) + Roti/Paratha + Tandoori Paneer.
46) Methi Chicken Curry (see recipe) + Roti/Rice + Carrot-Cucumber Raita.
47) Tofu Coconut Curry (see recipe) +Roti/Rice + Spinach Raita.
48) Spinach and carrot rice (see recipe) + Dahi Vada (see recipe).
49) Bell pepper toasties (see recipe) + Lentil Soup
50) Makhani dal (see recipe) + Poori (see recipe) + Salad.
51) Chicken in Black Bean Sauce (see recipe) + Rice + Salad
52) Tuna Rice (see recipe) + salad.
53) Pancit Bihon Guisado: Stir fried noodles with vegetables (see recipe) + Pan fried Tofu.